Skip to content

Vernon Personal Injury Lawyers

Vernon Personal Injury Lawyers –

Accidents, such as car accidents, slip and fall accidents, or being struck by a falling object on a construction site, are common and can occur at any time. Suffering an injury can be life-altering, especially if your injuries are severe or permanently disabling. Injuries frequently result in costly medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

For decades, the Law Offices of Jason L. McCoy, LLC has served Vernon residents with excellent and dedicated legal services. We tirelessly pursue justice and compensation for clients injured by someone else’s negligent actions, earning a reputation for securing millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.

What Is a Personal Injury?

A “personal injury” refers to injuries sustained during an accident caused by another individual’s negligent actions. Some of the most common injuries include but are not limited to:

  • Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
  • Broken bones and fractures
  • Burns
  • Concussion and head injuries
  • Crushed or severed limbs
  • Cuts and lacerations
  • Disfigurement and scarring
  • Internal bleeding
  • Nerve damage
  • Organ damage
  • Partial or complete paralysis
  • Whiplash
  • Soft tissue injuries
  • Traumatic brain injuries

The National Center for Health Statistics reports that more than 30 million people are treated in emergency rooms for personal injuries every year in the United States, two million of which require hospitalization.

Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles

Our Vernon personal injury lawyers are exceptional negotiators and litigators dedicated to recovering maximum compensation for our clients who have suffered injuries in accidents. We handle a variety of personal injury cases, including but not limited to the following:

  • Car Accidents
  • Dollar General Accidents
  • Wrongful Death Claims
  • Dog Attacks
  • Elevator/Escalator Accidents
  • Fire & Explosions
  • Police Brutality & Civil Rights Matters
  • Products Liability
  • School & Playground Accidents
  • Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents
  • Motorcycle Accidents
  • Premises Liability
  • Train, Bus & Taxi Accidents
  • Tractor Trailer Accidents
  • Boating Accidents
  • Railroad Accidents
  • Defective Products Claims
  • Underinsured Motorist Claims
  • Workers’ Compensation Claims
  • Medical Malpractice Claims

How Can the Law Offices of Jason L. McCoy, LLC Help Me?

Suffering an injury in an accident caused by someone else can drastically alter your life and often result in costly medical expenses, lost income, property damage, emotional pain and suffering, and potentially lifelong medical conditions or disability.

Hiring a personal injury lawyer alleviates the burden of pursuing the responsible party and preparing and negotiating your claim on your own. Legal representation also provides peace of mind that allows you to focus on your recovery, knowing your case is handled professionally. Our Vernon personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Jason L. McCoy, LLC will:

  • Investigate the accident scene and gather any evidence.
  • Gather witness statements.
  • Collaborate with your medical team regarding your necessary and ongoing treatment and medical care.
  • If necessary, work with industry experts in medicine, physical, occupational, or vocational therapy, finance, engineering, automotive, and others.
  • Negotiate with insurance companies and opposing counsel to recover maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
  • Represent you in court should the case go to trial.

Studies show that individuals who attempt to recover compensation often fare far worse than those who hire a lawyer. Those who hire lawyers often receive up to 45 percent more compensation than those who handle their claims. At the Law Offices of Jason L. McCoy, LLC, our personal injury lawyers have secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.

What Compensation Can I Recover for My Injuries?

The compensation you can seek for a personal injury claim is determined through a combination of economic and non-economic damages resulting from the accident and the severity of your injuries.

Economic damages are the fixed expenses directly related to the accident and your injuries, such as:

  • In-home medical care
  • Lost wages and future earning capacity
  • Permanent or temporary disability
  • Medical expenses
  • Medical devices and equipment
  • Ongoing medical care
  • Rehabilitation and therapy
  • Repair costs
  • Wrongful death and funeral expenses

Non-economic damages refer to personal pain and suffering losses with no established financial value, based on the severity of injuries or life changes, such as:

  • Disability
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of consortium
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Pain and suffering
  • PTSD

What if I am Partly At Fault for an Accident?

Connecticut is a modified comparative fault state, meaning that each party is assigned a percentage of the fault for the accident and any resulting injuries. If you are under 50 percent responsible, you can recover compensation for your injuries and losses. However, your total compensation will be reduced by that percentage. If you are more than 50 percent at fault, you cannot recover damages and will likely be responsible for the other party’s injuries and losses.

What Should I Do After an Accident?

Gathering evidence at the time of the accident can greatly benefit your personal injury claim. If you are able following an accident, you should take the following steps:

  • Report the accident: If you are in an accident, notify the police. If you are injured at work or on private property, notify your supervisor, manager, or property owner.
  • Minimize conversation: Limit conversation at the scene, and do not argue or apologize. What you say can be used against you later.
  • Photograph the scene: Include any damage, injuries, and contributing factors leading to the accident.
  • Gather statements: Gather contact information and statements from any witnesses.
  • Seek medical attention: Visit a physician as soon as possible following the accident, even if your injuries are minor. Symptoms of certain internal injuries do not present immediately but can be life-threatening if untreated. A doctor’s report is also necessary for your insurance claim.
  • Maintain records: Keep all records related to the accident, such as incident reports, medical records, communication, invoices, and estimates you receive related to the accident and your injuries.
  • Consult a lawyer: Speak with an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer.

How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?

In Connecticut, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident or death.

Our Vernon Personal Injury Lawyers at the Law Offices of Jason L. McCoy, LLC Help Clients Injured by the Negligence of Others

An injury can be life-changing, often resulting in costly medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. If someone else’s negligence has injured you, our Vernon personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Jason L. McCoy, LLC can help you seek the justice and compensation you deserve. Call today at 860-872-7741 or visit us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Vernon, New Haven, and Waterbury, Connecticut, we proudly serve clients in Tolland County, New Haven County, and Hartford County.

Personal injury lawyers

Protect your assets and discharge your debts through bankruptcy. Get your financial freedom back, it's your constitutional right.

Free initial phone consultation to evaluate your situation.

Call us now (800) 837-5901.